It’s quite simple. The more you understand at the start, the better.
Powell & Glenn is an established, multidisciplinary design firm delivering architecture and interior design services across diverse typologies. The practice is passionate about creating spaces that are pragmatic, distinctive and enduring.
Registered Architect (ARBV)
Registered Architect (NSW ARB)
Bachelor of Architecture (Honours)
University of Melbourne
Member of Australian Institute of Architects (AIA)
Ed’s design approach from broad concept to fine detail is premised on an interest in the subtle nuances and considerations of formal design and the spatial experience.
Powell & Glenn like to rehearse living in each space, to imagine the experience and, throughout the project, is completely dedicated to thinking about what it is like to live/work in the spaces being realised.
An awareness of the effect architecture and landscape have on one’s state of mind.
The use of handmade materials and building forms that will improve with age.
A strong connection to landscape which allows spatial continuity between internal and external areas – both visually and physically.
The arrangement of forms to provide poetic spaces that are workable and house people, objects and art in a convivial way.
An interest in, and understanding of the visual and fine arts, working in association with renowned artists.
An interest in both conventional and accepted sustainable design and cutting edge approaches to reduce the impact of the built form on the environment.
Awards & Publications
- 2022 Est Esteemed 10 Award
- 2022 Good Design Awards Winner for Architectural Design - Aspect House
- 2022 Australian Interior Design Awards Shortlist – Aspect House
- 2021 Dezeen Awards Longlist – Canopy House
- 2021 Australian Interior Design Awards Shortlist – Gurner TM Office
- 2021 Australian Interior Design Awards Shortlist - Canopy House
- 2019 Australian Interior Design Awards Shortlist - Hudson Conway